If there is one type of cardio machine that gives nearly a total body workout, it’s a rowing machine. If you have been to a gym, you have probably seen these. If you have used one, you would definitely remember!
They are truly fantastic. In addition to a great cardio workout, they have numerous other benefits as well!
The only problem is, to try to bring one home would not only be expensive (many ranging from over $400 to over $1,000!), but also take up a huge amount of space. Well not anymore! We are going to take a look at a Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine that you might just find is the best rowing machine a budget-minded fitness enthusiast could ask for!
Inexpensive when compared to many other rowing machines and space efficient, keep reading to find out all the details!
The Overview – What, How Much, And Where To Buy
The Product: Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine
Retail Price: $111.99
Where to Buy: Amazon.com (with Free Shipping!)
Amazon Star-Rating: 4 out of 5 stars (with 2,487 reviews!)
Specs and Features – What Can You Expect?
The Stamina fitness company was founded in 1987 and made it their mission to develop quality products at affordable prices. They pride themselves on customer service and have worked with well-known fitness companies and people such as Body By Jake, Suzanne Somers, Tony
Little, Denise Austin, AeroPilates, and BodyShaping.
Feel free to check out their website for more information!
The fact that they have been around so long, worked with such well-known people, and been influential in many well-known products gives me reason to be confident in the quality.
As far as the Stamina Body Track Glider 1050 Rowing Machine is concerned, let’s take a look at some features you can expect to find when you use it:
- Accurate Range of Motion: Unlike many rowing machines that use a cable, this uses aluminum bars that are designed in such a way as to mimic the range of motion and how it would feel to actually be rowing a boat in the water. Extra range of motion means more calories burned!
- Customizable Resistance: Increase or decrease the intensity by using an adjustable hydraulic cylinder located underneath the machine.
- Workout Tracking: The LCD monitor is able to track your workout time, stroke count, burned calories, and total strokes.
- Non-Slip Foot Pads: The foot pads are textured to keep you from slipping off mid-workout and there is an adjustable nylon strap for each pad that can fit most any foot size.
- Comfortable Seating: If there is anything that can ruin a workout, it’s having your butt hurt (ever been on a long-distance bike ride?). Thankfully the Body Trac Glider comes with a molded, cushioned seat for maximum comfort.
- Easy to Store: The machine’s arms conveniently fold inward and it can be stored upright to save you the trouble of having it take up so much space. It could even fit in a decent sized closet!
- Durability: Due to the aluminum rowing beam and a frame made from steel, you won’t have to worry about it breaking after a while. It should more than pay for itself in longevity. This construction also allows it to hold a maximum weight of 250lbs!
There are several things that stand out to me about this machine, some of which I have already touched on above:
- The Price: At $111.99, this seems like an absolute steal when considering how good of a workout you can get. For the budget-minded person, that is an extremely positive note. It more than pays for itself when you consider what it would cost to use one after signing up for a gym membership and having it in your home will lead to more consistent use.
- The Solid Construction: When I am looking for home gym equipment, it has to last or it’s not worth it to me. I don’t want to replace something a few weeks after putting down my hard-earned money to get it. That’s why I love how solid this machine is.
- Mimicking Actual Rowing Motion: I really like how this more accurately resembles the real rowing motion. Doing so brings in more muscle groups and causes more calorie burn, leading me to the next positive:
- Full-Body Workout: Let’s face it. You are not going to get a full-body workout on a stationary bike or treadmill. With different resistance levels and use of the whole body to complete the rowing motion, that’s what you are getting here in addition to the great cardio workout.
- Low-Impact: For those who have given up running or other high impact activities, this is right up your alley. The motion is smooth and easy on the joints. I’m all for weight-bearing exercise, but this is a great option for those who either want to try something different or need to have something more low-impact.
- Comfortable and Safe: The cushioned, molded seat is great for those longer workouts and the no-slip foot pads give me peace of mind that my feet won’t slide off. Additionally, the hand grips are foam-padded, which also aids in comfort and reduces slipping.
- Compact: Having the option to fold this machine up and store it neatly away and out of site is a huge deal for those who like to keep things neat and don’t want a lot of clutter. Many of the bigger, more expensive machines can’t say they have the capability to do that. This feature alone makes it a great option for those living in an apartment (myself included)!
One thing I should also mention. When it comes to getting the most out of your rowing workout (or any workout, for that matter), proper form is essential.
Check out this video below to get an idea of good rowing technique:
Secondly, click on the following link to be taken to a great video that talks about 3 common rowing machine mistakes and how to fix them!
Now as you have read, I have a lot of good things to say about the Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine.
However, like all of my other reviews (A great budget fitness tracker, the best vegan protein powder, these unbelievable resistance bands, a great book on getting and staying motivated, a durable, waterproof cell phone armband holder, a comparison of top running apps, and an app that pays you to work out!), I would not be completely honest if I didn’t point out my concerns and things I flat out don’t like.
Truthfully, there are only a few, but here they are:
- Hidden Fees: While the price is amazing for what you get, there is a caveat. The $111.99 is what you pay if you plan on doing the assembly on your own. However, if you are not someone who likes to put things together, you can have an expert assemble it for an additional $71.20. Your total is still under $200, but it’s a little disappointing. There are also 2-year ($15.99) and 3-year (21.99) protection plan add-on’s available.
- Lack of Features: One other thing sacrificed because of the price is the features. I really wish there was something to measure stats such as heart rate and distance rowed. Additionally, being able to go through programs that include sprints would have been awesome. Unfortunately, none of these are present.
- Potential Floor Scratching: The feet of this machine could have the potential to scratch hardwood floors, so putting down a mat underneath is a good idea (Check out this one from Stamina). Last thing you want to do is save a bunch on a rowing machine only to have to repair your nice wood floors!
A Review Of The Reviews
It’s one thing to take my word for it, but I always like to provide a look at how others have viewed a product. Therefore, here is the Amazon star breakdown for the Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine:
Out of 2,487 Total Reviews:
- 1,087 5-Star Reviews (44%)
- 738 4-Star Reviews (30%)
- 266 3-Star Reviews (11%)
- 184 2-Star Reviews (7%)
- 212 1-Star Reviews (8%)
I like to review products that have a lot of reviews because I think it gives a better cross-section overall of the consensus. For the Body Trac Glider, it is overwhelmingly positive, giving me confidence that this is a worthwhile purchase.
The Verdict – Row Row Row Your Machine
I’m glad you are doing your research, as any informed customer should. I hope I have given you a great deal of useful information and you feel confident in your decision. I absolutely think that a Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine is a worthwhile purchase that’s going to give you a great total body workout and last you for years to come.
All that for the price of maybe 4 -5 months membership at some gyms? Count me in!
Now, it’s your turn! What do you think of this rowing machine? What are your favorite features we covered? What are you most concerned about? As always, feel free to leave your comments and questions down below and I will be happy to respond!
Lastly, if you have made the decision to purchase this machine today, feel free to click below to be taken right to the correct page!
Until next time, God bless and happy workouts!