As a fitness enthusiast, I am always on the lookout for high-quality, comfortable sports wear. You may have noticed that at the end of each of my posts, I say “God Bless”. Well as a Christian, I am also on the lookout for ways to start a conversation about faith. If this describes you too, then you should check out the Active Faith sports wear company!
Specifically today, I’m going to be highlighting their line of faith-based athletic shirts!
Before we get into that, though, I do want to say a little something about why choosing quality athletic clothing is important to your fitness journey. I know that in the past, I haven’t always placed such a high emphasis on it.
However, according to Livestrong.com, the type of clothing and material you wear can greatly impact your workout. Whether working out in the heat or the cold, if you aren’t comfortable, your workout will suffer. Working out is supposed to be hard, but if you aren’t comfortable in what you are wearing, that can have an effect on your motivation as well.
Speaking from my own experience, I remember running during cross-country practice in whatever cotton t-shirt I had available at the time. While it was mostly fine in cooler weather, we started practicing in the late summer when it was still brutally hot on some days.
While cotton is certainly a breathable material, it does a very poor job of wicking sweat away (Livestrong.com). By the end of the practice, my shirt was drenched with sweat, sticking to my skin, and overall incredibly uncomfortable. However, I didn’t really know any better in high school.
Once I became older and (I’d like to think) wiser, I started exploring ways to lessen the discomfort I was feeling from my normal workout attire. That led me to athletic sports wear. These types of clothes are specifically designed to be breathable like the cotton, but also to wick moisture away from the skin.
Now there are a ton of brands out there including Under Armour, Nike, Asics, etc. that all make quality products. However, if you take a look at Under Armour, their prices can quickly leave those who are more budget-minded out in the cold. A lot of the time, prices are so high because you are paying for the name brand.
That’s why I started looking for alternatives and stumbled upon Active Faith. However, is there enough to separate them from the pack? Keep reading to find out!
Who Is Active Faith?
Active Faith is a Christian apparel brand that is based out of Houston, Texas. It started in 2010 because the founders saw that the big brands (like those mentioned above), made high quality clothing, but didn’t create apparel that reflected their faith.
That’s why in 2012, they decided to launch their Active Faith line of athletic clothing to help people get motivated to be physically fit as well as share the Gospel.
They ensure that everything they make is manufactured to the highest standard of professional athletes, so that even if you aren’t trying to share the Gospel, you’ll still be impressed by the quality of the apparel.
In addition to the t-shirts that I will be highlighting in the next section, Active Faith brings every type of athletic clothing you would need to the table. They make clothes for men, women, and kids and feature:
- Short Sleeve: Lifestyle and Performance
- Long Sleeve
- Tank Tops
- Zip Up
- Lifestyle Pull Over
- Performance Zipper
- Shorts (Not available at this time)
- Tights (for women)
- Wrist Bands
- Snap Back
- Adjustable Strap
- Low Cut
- Slides (Not available at this time)
- Duffle Bags
- Various Dog Tags
- Temporary Tatoos
- Clothing Patches
Tell Me More About The Athletic Shirts!
Now, let’s get to the purpose of this particular review: highlighting Active Faith’s line of athletic shirts. For both men and women, there are four types of shirt that you can choose from, each of which I will go over their key features before talking about the different designs. They also feature short and long sleeve options.
Their short sleeve athletic shirt styles include:
- Lifestyle: A unisex, more standard t-shirt style.
- A blend of three types of fabric.
- Manufactured to be lightweight and have a more relaxed fit.
- EasyDri: Designed specifically for taking care of as much sweat as you can dish out.
- Premium EasyDri fabric that wicks away moisture from your skin.
- Fabric is light and very soft to the touch.
- Manufactured with a relaxed feel, yet with an athletic cut.
- Durable stitching.
- Performance: Quality style for all your athletic achievements.
- These also feature EasyDri, moisture wicking fabric.
- Light and soft with a relaxed fit.
- Boasts premium flat stitching.
- Performance 2.0: The top of the line as far as athletic performance is concerned.
- Features the same moisture wicking fabric
- Light and soft with a relaxed fit.
- Adds the additional feature of 4-way stretching for the material, ensuring that no matter how you move, the shirt can move with you and retain its shape.
For the long sleeve shirts, they have only one option available for men only. It is the in the Performance category, though it also features the 4-way stretching material.
As far as the designs of the shirts, you can expect various Christian themes, wording, and imagery, as well as Biblical verses.
The sizes offered for men include Small, Medium, Large, XL, 2XL, and 3XL and for women, they include Small, Medium, Large, XL, and 2XL.
The color options aren’t the same for all the shirts, however, you can expect to find grays, blacks, reds, and blues as well as some combinations of those.
As far as the price is concerned, their t-shirts run a range from $27 for the Lifestyle shirts all the way to $34 for the highest Performance versions.
The Pros – What Do I Like About Active Faith’s Athletic Shirts
While this review may look a little different from my other reviews, I’m still going to go over the pros and cons of Active Faith’s shirts. Here are my highlights:
- Quality Materials: Each of the shirts is made from the top quality fabrics available and designed for to be durable, to fit well, to be comfortable, and to move with you.
- Moisture Wicking: Other than the Lifestyle shirts, every one of their athletic shirts is designed to keep you as dry as possible though even the toughest workout.
- Rave Reviews: Most of their products feature all 5 star reviews and the feedback is incredibly positive. In particular, they receive nearly perfect marks on every shirt style in the areas of Quality and Comfort.
- True To Size: One of the things I worry about when ordering online is if the sizing is accurate since I can’t actually try on the article of clothing. However, every review that I read describes the shirts as fitting true to size so you don’t have to worry!
- Conversation Starters: As a Christian who believes I’m supposed to be sharing my faith, these shirts make it easier to break the ice and start a conversation as there is no mistaking their Gospel-oriented message. It’s nice having a brand that represents me!
- Prices: In comparing the prices of Active Faith’s shirts with Under Armour’s and Nike’s, I found Active Faith to be comparable, if not better in many cases, as far as their prices were concerned.
- Free Shipping: Unlike Nike, where you have to become a member of their online community, if you spend $75 or more at Active Faith, you will be eligible for free shipping.
- Free Returns: Should you be dissatisfied with your product, Active Faith also offers free return shipping inside the United States.
- Special Discounts: On their website, you will find you can get a code for a special discount if you are one of the following:
- Military: Active Duty, Veteran, or dependent.
- First Responder: Police, Firefighter, and EMT.
- Medical Worker: Doctors, Nurses, Medical Staff.
- Students: Must have a valid student e-mail.
- Neat Affiliate Program: Though not the reason for this overall positive review, if you are looking to further the brand, they give you the opportunity to do so by signing up for a unique referral link you can use on social media or your website. Should you decide to do so, there are some nice incentives including:
- 10% commission on any sales purchased through your link.
- 15% off for the person who clicks your referral link (As a note, I am not part of the referral program through their website, so clicking my link won’t get you the 15%. However, I am an affiliate through a network, so make sure that you check out the special discount links I have posted throughout this review and enter the codes to save!).
The Cons – What I Think Needs Improvement
As always, in the interest of giving the most balanced review possible, I want to give what I wasn’t as impressed by. Active Faith’s athletic shirts aren’t great, but there are some flaws I saw.
- Limited Available Colors: Whereas with other brands you can find a plethora of color options, you won’t get that here. I get that they might be going for a certain aesthetic, but some buyers might want more options to suit their personal style.
- Limited Or Unavailable: Whether due to COVID-19 or something else, there are either some sizes, colors, or even styles that are unavailable right now. For example, men only have one style/design of long sleeve shirt while women don’t have any. It’s unfortunate that not everyone can find exactly what they want.
The Verdict – Get Active
Whether you are just looking for a quality athletic brand or you desire a unique was to get fit and share your faith, the shirts from Active Faith sports wear and ones that you should definitely give a good look to. Though I highlighted the shirts today, feel free to browse their selection of other apparel as well!
If you feel like you need some new sports clothing and want to check them out today, please click on the banner below or any of the discount links that I provided above to be taken to Active Faith’s page!
Now, it’s your turn! What do you think of Active Faith as a brand? Do you like the motive behind them or no? Do you think a message on a shirt is a good way to start a conversation about anything, let alone the Gospel? Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Feel free to ask any questions you make have too! I’d be more than happy to help you out in any way that I can. If you can’t find the discount code links in the text above, please let me know in the comments and I will post it in my response!
In case you are looking for some activities or equipment you could use for a workout in your new gear, please feel free to check out these other resources!
- Weekly Workout Schedule Template: Week 1 – Cardio and Strength
- Free Printable Workout Routines – Pt. 1: 30 Days of Strength by Darebee
- Free Printable Workout Routines – Pt. 2: Baseline by Darebee
- Free Printable Workout Routines – Pt. 3: Foundation Light by Darebee
- Free Printable Workout Routines – Part 4: Back & Core By Darebee
- Free Printable Workout Routines – Part 5: IRONBORN by Darebee
- Free Printable Workout Routines – Part 6: XPRESS Tone By Darebee
- Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbells 552: All In One, One (Pair) For All!
- Bowflex SelectTech 840 Kettlebell – Bowflex Does It Again!
- The PowerBlock Sport 24 – Alternative To Bowflex?
- The Best Workout Resistance Bands – Bodylastics Review
- TRIBE Resistance Bands – Better Than The Best?
- The Gorilla Bow – A New Leader In Resistance Band Training?
- The BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0 – All You Need In One Place
- XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill – So Long Bad Weather!
- Sunny Health And Fitness Treadmill – Pushing Runs To The Next Level
- A Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine – Bang For Your Buck!
- Fitness Reality 1000 Rowing Machine – No One-Trick-Pony!
- Best Portable Exercise Bike – MagneTrainer ER Mini Exercise Bike
- Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike With Pulse – The Review
- Yosuda Exercise Bike – Get Your Sweat On From Your Living Room!
- Marcy Recumbent Bike – The NS-716R Review
- What Is The Best Power Tower? – The Stamina X with VKR
- RELIFE Rebuild Your Life – Adjustable Power Tower Review
- Portable Pull Up Station – GoBeast Anytime, Anywhere
- What Is The Best Budget Fitness Tracker? – Letscom ID115 Plus HR Review
- Cell Phone Armband Holders: Which Is The Best?
- What Is The Best Running App? A Comparison
- Map My Fitness Apps: Reviewing How Under Armour Underwhelms
- Daily Workout Journal – Review of NewMe Fitness’s Incredible Log Book
- The Perfect Push Up Review – Truly Perfect?
- The FITINDEX Bluetooth Body Fat Scale – Body Measurement Made Easy!
- The Fitbit Charge 3 Review – Is It Worth The Cost?
- The Takeya Water Bottle – Your New Container Search Is Over
- A TriggerPoint Grid Foam Roller – Therapy Massager Review
- The ASICS Gel Contend 5 – Simply The Best Running Shoe
- Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Pro Review – No More Crunches, Thank You!
- Sportneer Ankle Weights – Your Cardio Will Never Be The Same
- Padded Weight Lifting Gloves – ihuan Has You Covered!
- Mi Band 4 Watch – How Does Xiaomi’s Latest Fitness Tracker Stack Up?
- Lintelek Fitness Tracker HR – Does It Top The List?
- OYO Personal Gym Review – From Outer Space To Your Space
- The Yamay Smart Watch – More Value Than A Fitness Tracker?
Additionally, if you are not just looking to get active with your faith, but your savings account as well, check out these great resources I’ve reviewed below!
If you want to make a little extra cash in your spare time, check out Survey Junkie:
Should you want to save money on your Active Faith gear (or anything else for that matter) and earn free gift cards while you do it, check out Honey:
If you have a passion for fitness and want to become a personal trainer (which Active Faith can help you look the part), check out ACE Fitness:
If you are looking to start your very own online business like I have here, you should definitely check out the best training resource available in Wealthy Affiliate:
Before I go, I would like to ask you two huge favors. First, if you liked what you read today and want to stay up to date on every new post on the site, please consider entering your email into the “Subscribe” box in the upper right corner! Secondly, if you think someone else could benefit from this article, please hit the share buttons! I’d really appreciate it!
That’s all for now! As always, God Bless and Happy Workouts!