When getting into fitness, on thing I think we can all agree on is the importance of muscle recover. Massage is one of the best ways to accomplish this! If you are looking for the best back and neck massager, then look no further than the Viktor Jurgen Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager. It is the perfect tool to get your muscles back in the game!
Not many of us have the ability to go to the spa for a regular massage. Like working out at a gym, not only does it take time to drive there, get the massage, and drive home, but it can also get extremely expensive!
For example, Massage Envy is a big chain here in United States. For a non-member to receive a massage, you are looking to pay nearly 80 dollars (nearly 40 if you are a member)! They aren’t even the most expensive place out there!
At once a week, you are easily looking at spending nearly, if not over, 5 grand a year after you include tips, tax, and fees! Imagine needing to go more frequently than once a week? Hey, if you can swing it, then that’s awesome! The spa really is a one-of-a-kind experience that you should try. However, for me, it has to be a treat, not a routine.
That’s why I am a big fan of this Viktor Jurgen massager, as it is extremely effective (more on that later) and versatile. It would make a great addition to your muscle recovery repertoire, so keep reading for all the details!
The Overview – What And Where To Buy
The Product: The Viktor Jurgen Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager with Heat
Where to Buy: Amazon.com (Buy now and it is currently on sale and with FREE SHIPPING. Also, note that it will soon be out of stock and you might have to wait until it comes back!)
Amazon Star-Rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars (with 346 reviews)
Specs and Features – What To Expect
While Viktor Jurgen USA doesn’t have a standalone website, I was able to find out some information about their company from their Amazon seller profile page.
Viktor Jurgen strives to provide products that offer relief for any fatigue or stress you may be feeling, both body and mind. They also want to offer their customers an experience of the highest quality and safety, without breaking your bank.
Customer service is a top priority for them, which is why they guarantee their products will be free of defect with a 1-year limited warranty. If you ever have any questions, concerns, or problems with their products, they encourage you to contact them so they can get feedback and ensure your satisfaction.
As for the Viktor Jurgen’s Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager, it offers some very convenient and effective features in a simple design:
The first of which is in the name “Shiatsu” as it gives a circular Shiatsu style massage via two pads that hold four smooth, raised knots on each. This allows for a constant kneading effect for continual therapy. Shiatsu massage has many potential benefits for muscles, including relaxation and recovery.
The two massaging pads are spread apart just far enough to be able to effectively reach either side of your spine, from the top of your neck all the way down to the top of your butt.
Even though the title says “neck and back”, you can also give your legs, feet, arms, hands, and torso a great massage, should you so choose.
As mentioned before, it has a simple design, with the main pillow containing the massage pads and motor, with two handles coming out of the side.
At the top of the left handle strap, there is a small control pad that features four buttons. The top button is the on’off switch. The second allows you to change the direction of the circular rotation.
The third button allows you to change the speed of the circular motion, which helps you increase the intensity with faster speeds, or decrease it with slower speeds. The last button allows you to add heat to your massage, which can help with increasing circulation. This leads to better healing and relaxation.
You can also customize the pressure on the muscle by pulling or releasing pressure on the two handles, ensuring you find your comfort zone. The pillow has a breathable mesh covering the massage pads and also makes sure your massage experience is a smooth one.
Finally, the Viktor Jurgen comes with a 110-240C AC Adapter, as well as a 12V car adapter so that you can take it on the go and will automatically shut off after 15-minutes to save power.
I personally own the Viktor Jurgen Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager, so I have firsthand experience with how good it is. Here is what has stood out to me while i’ve been using it:
- Effective: This massager does its job incredibly well. The heat and circular motion combine wonderfully to work out the knots in my problem areas (of which my neck is a huge one).
- For a full picture on its effectiveness, I recently experienced my first spa experience. I didn’t tell the therapist what kind of pressure to use and so she went to the max and nearly killed me. I was sore for the next three days, but it was extremely effective. I felt the same way after using this! My knots got worked out for sure!
- Customization: Having the ability to choose the direction of the massage, as well as the intensity and whether to add heat means you get your perfect massage every time. It also has an automatic program so you can just sit back and let it do its thing!
- Lightweight: I don’t find it bulky to carry from place to place and the arms are flexible, so they can fold in easily for storage.
- Portable: Speaking of carrying, having the option to take it with you, as long as you have an outlet, is very convenient! Are you stressed at work? Plug in. Do you have a long car ride ahead of you? Plug in to you car! Please just do not try to use while you are driving! Only as a passenger!
- Price: Use the Viktor Jurgen once, and you have already saved a ton of money. When compared to getting a massage at a spa, you could pay for it twice and still not spend what you would for only one massage at a spa! The fact that it is on sale and ships free is icing on the cake!
For full disclosure, I am completely satisfied with my purchase of the Viktor Jurgen Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager. However, in my use of it, there are a couple of things that I would like to see improved upon in future models.
- No Battery Power: While it is extremely convenient to take with you, there is always the need for a power source. There is no internal battery power and the chord isn’t the longest in the world, so if you aren’t close to an outlet, you are out of luck for a massage.
- Awkward For Full Body: While you can absolutely get all parts of your body with this massager, it is clearly designed best for the neck, back, and shoulders. It can be done, but it is a little awkward to get your legs, arms, and feet. Making it a little easier to hit those spots would be something to consider in the future.
A Review Of The Reviews
It’s one thing to take my word for it, but I always like to provide a look at how others have viewed a product. Therefore, here is the Amazon star breakdown for the Viktor Jurgen Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager:
Out of 346 Total Reviews:
- 191 5-Star Reviews (73%)
- 42 4-Star Reviews (13%)
- 8 3-Star Reviews (4%)
- 10 2-Star Reviews (4%)
- 25 1-Star Reviews (8%)
I like to review products that have good amount of reviews because I think it gives a better cross-section overall of the consensus. For the Viktor Jurgen, you have a very positive user view (86% of reviews are 4 or 5 stars!), giving me confidence that this is a worthwhile purchase for your the money!
The Verdict – Sit Back, Relax, And Get A Massage
The amount of relaxation (mind, body, and wallet) that you can get from a Viktor Jurgen Shiatsu Massager is incredible! For the reasons I have given as well as my personal experience with the product, I can confidently say that this is the best neck and back massager you can buy!
If you are convinced like I was, then feel free to click on any of the links bearing the Viktor Jurgen name or the official Amazon link at the end of this post to be taken directly to the Amazon page where you can get yours on sale today!
Now its your turn, though! What do you think of the Viktor Jurgen massager? Does it seem to be worth the money? Do you use another product that you think I should take a look at?
Now, the fun part: I had a painful (again, in a good way) spa experience. Have any of you ever had a crazy or interesting spa experience? Let me know in the comments section below!
As always, if you have any questions, you can feel free to post them too!
On the topic of muscle recovery, if you are interested in further reading or products, check out some of my other articles!
For an article on the importance of sleep for muscle recovery, check out:
For an article on when to know if you need a break from physical activity, check out:
For an article about a great foam roller to help work out the kinks where maybe the Viktor Jurgen misses, check out:
Lastly for nutritional muscle recovery help, check out:
That’s all for now! If you enjoyed this post or any of the others that you have read while visiting the site, please take the time to click one of the share buttons. I would really appreciate the support! Thanks!
As always, God bless and happy recovery!