Some of you may remember jumping rope as a kid and even now you might make it part of your workout. What you tend to notice is that most jump ropes are very similar and there isn’t much variety as far as the equipment is concerned. However, that is all about to change because I’m super excited to share this Crossrope Jump Rope review with you!
In case you didn’t know, jumping rope is incredible exercise with some amazing benefits. According to ACE Fitness (Which incidentally has a great Personal Trainer Certification program), not only does it give you an incredible cardio workout, but it can:
- Greatly improve you coordination because the cadence forces your eyes, hands, and feet to work together to keep the rope going.
- Greatly improve your overall cognitive function because, like with the coordination, forcing your various parts to work together creates new neural pathways. More pathways leads to increased brain function in other areas as well!
- Increase both the strength and elasticity of your calf muscles. This is important because if you only did calf raises, you are only strengthening which can lead to tight muscles that are more prone to injury. Elasticity prevents this from happening.
- Increase the intensity of any workout. The greater the intensity, the more calorie burn you experience. The more calorie burn you experience, the faster your results will be! Incorporate them into a HIIT workout or an interval in your strength routine to really get the calories burning.
Additionally, jump ropes are great because they can go anywhere with you, whether you are indoors or outdoors. You can truly have a system where you can get a great workout anytime, anywhere.
WebMD notes that it can also be a better cardio workout than jogging for several reasons. The first is that it has the potential to burn more calories in less time. In fact, they say that you would need to run a mile in 8 minutes to get the same benefit as jumping rope for 15-20.
Now, of course 15-20 minutes is longer than 8, but how many of us can run at the intensity needed to achieve an 8-minute mile? If you are someone who can do that, you might also be interested to find out that done correctly, jumping rope has less impact on your knees than running.
This is all great, but I also want to mention that not all jump ropes are created equal. Maybe you remember the ones from your middle/high school gym class that had the little plastic tubes covering the ropes? There’s a reason your school got those…they knew you were kids who break things and they were cheap!
The above ACE Fitness article also talks about how it is important to invest in a good quality rope that is going to last you a long time and attach to the handles via ball bearings for the smoothest experience.
If you are not sure where to start looking, let me offer a solution that could very well be the beginning and end of your search. Let’s get into the Get Fit bundle from the company known as Crossrope.
*Full disclosure, I was compensated for this post. This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. That disclosure being said, I want to assure you that I have thoroughly researched this product and have come away very honestly impressed.
Even though there are affiliate links that I am promoting, that will never change my honest opinion, as I hope you have come to trust over the course of my reviews. You will always get the full and truthful picture from me!*
The Overview – What And Where To Buy
The Product: The Crossrope Get Fit Jump Rope Bundle (2020)
Where to Buy: Crossrope.com (Right now you can get FREE SHIPPING and save $40 on this particular bundle by using the code SWEAT40!)
Star Rating From Crossrope’s Website: 4.89 out of 5 stars (with 1,247 reviews!)
The Specs and Features
Crossrope was created to help people get away from the gym with a fun and innovative workout that was anything but the normal routine. It doesn’t matter who you are or what your fitness level is, the people at Crossrope know that you can get a great workout from using their unique jump ropes. Check out the video about the 2020 version of the ropes from their YouTube Channel.
The Get Fit jump rope bundle I will be talking about today could really be considered their all-in-one set. It all starts with the handles. You get two types of their updated for 2020 handles included in the package: slim and heavy. These handles are durable and comfortable no matter what kind of rope workout you are doing.
At the end of each handle is a ball bearing and clip system. The ball bearings ensure that your workout will be smooth, while the quick clipping system allows you to easily change out the different types of ropes that are included.
Speaking of the ropes, you will be getting four of them in varying weights. For your cardio and HIIT workouts, you can use the 1/4lb or 1/2lb weighted ropes. If you are looking to get a really intense strengthening workout for your muscles, you can switch over to either the 1lb or 2lb ropes.
Each rope is made from braided steel and is coated in a durable and flexible material so that you can jump on any surface, though it is apparently recommended you do so inside to prolong the life of your ropes. The braided steel design also keeps the ropes from getting tangled up while you are exercising.
It is also recommended that you pair a jump rope mat with your purchase to help extend the life of your ropes even further.
If you are worried about the size of the ropes compared to your height, Crossrope has provided a range of lengths to suit most body types. These include:
- Small: 4’9″ to 5’4″
- Medium: 5’4.5″ to 5’8.5″
- Large: 5’9″ to 6’1.5″
- Extra Large: 6’2″ to 6’9″
Purchasing these ropes also gives you access to Crossrope Lite app for free. In this app, you will be able to get 10 recent workouts, activity tracking that syncs to either Google Fit or Apple Health, tutorials, and fitness challenges. They have a Premium version as well. You can check out the apps either for Android or iOS.
Lastly, the Get Fit set of ropes comes with a lifetime warranty for the handles and a 60-day money back trial. If you aren’t satisfied with the ropes in any way, you can send them back for a full refund and the return shipping is free.
After taking a look at the Get Fit ropes bundle, I love what I see. Here are the highlights for me:
- Cardio And More: The beautiful thing about getting four ropes of various weight is that you can do the workout you want. Looking to get a cardio blast? Use the lighter ropes. Looking to challenge the strength and endurance of your muscles? Switch over to the heavier.
- Quality Handles: You won’t have to worry about discomfort or the handles getting in the way with Crossrope. The ball bearings are a huge plus to make sure there is no snagging.
- Quick Clipping: I am a huge fan of equipment that can be quickly interchanged as evidenced by several of my other reviews. It saves time and brings a lot of versatility to each of your workouts.
- Durable Ropes: If you are going to invest in a good set of jump ropes, you want to make sure that they are going to last. Having braided steel cables and a durable coating sure go a long way toward making that happen.
- Risk-Free: It speaks volumes when a company has enough confidence in their product to tell you to try it out for basically two whole months and if you don’t like it by the end, just send it back for a full refund. Something tells me they know you’ll be keeping the product.
- Warranty: Along the same lines, the handles having a lifetime warranty also shows great customer service and product confidence!
- Free Shipping: Whether it’s for your purchase or your return (within 60 days), you’re not going to have to cover the cost of transport. That is a great perk.
- Free App: For those who aren’t sure how to go about jumping rope for fitness or how to vary a jump rope workout, it’s great to have the app to get a head start! For a sample workout, see the video below.
As with every single review on Get Fit On A Budget, I don’t just throw all the positives at you in the hopes that you will purchase. I am a consumer just like you and I want to make sure that my money is well spent.
Before I buy anything, I want to know the good, the bad, and the ugly so I can make an informed decision. That being said, while there aren’t a lot of negatives I see with Crossrope’s Get Fit bundle, I feel there are a couple of cons I want to point out so you get the full picture.
- Price: When I talked about investing in jump ropes, that is definitely true when it comes to Crossrope. With the $40 savings code, you are still spending close to $200 for all four jump ropes and 2 sets of handles. For some this is totally doable, but others on a tighter budget might be priced out.
- Missing Rope Warranty: While the handles have a lifetime warranty, there is nothing to be found for the actual ropes. While they are durable, and will eventually wear out, it would be nice to know you could get a replacement should something happen to your rope accidentally.
- Outdoors?: Though the ropes can be used outdoors, they won’t last as long unless you purchase a protective mat. While this would be a good idea anyway, it’s comes at an additional cost.
- Need Tall Ceilings: If you wanted to jump rope indoors, one thing you need to make sure of is that your ceiling is tall enough. The taller you are, the longer the rope you need. The longer the rope, the greater the height requirement of your ceiling. It’s probably best to use in a room with vaulted ceilings or a garage for indoor use.
A Review Of The Reviews
With every review I do, I also like to look at what other people are saying. It’s always important for me to see what others, who have experience with a product, are saying before I decide to buy. It takes time to look that up, so this section is included to save you time and present the ratings breakdown for you.
This particular set is not available on Amazon, but Crossrope in general is. There they get an average of 4.7 out of 5 stars with nearly 1,000 reviews!
For the Get Fit bundle, I am taking a look at the ratings as presented on the Crossrope website. Here is the star breakdown!
Out of 1,247 Total Reviews:
- 1,154 5-Star Reviews (92%)
- 73 4-Star Reviews (6%)
- 10 3-Star Reviews (1%)
- 2 2-Star Reviews (>1%)
- 8 1-Star Reviews (1%)
I look at those numbers and I see a lot of satisfied customers! Overall, 98% of the people who decide to purchase the Get Fit Bundle have an overwhelmingly positive experience, which is just one reason I think you will too!
The Verdict – Throw Me A Rope!
When it comes to getting serious about incorporating jump roping into your fitness routine, I don’t think you can do any better than the Get Fit bundle that my Crossrope Jump Rope review has presented to you. Solidly put together, easily interchangeable, and super challenging, I have no doubt you will see results if you use them!
If you are ready to purchase your own set and get jumping, feel free to CLICK THIS LINK to be taken directly to the correct page. If you want to investigate everything that Crossrope has to offer, please click the banner at the bottom of this post to be taken to their site, where they offer several bundles and individual ropes.
Just know that the $40 off code of SWEAT40 applies to the Get Fit bundle only.
Now, it’s your turn! Do you have any experience with Crossrope? How about weighted jump ropes in general? Is jump roping something that you incorporate regularly into your workouts? If so, how do you do it?
Is there a funny jump roping story that you have? Feel free to share that and any other thoughts in the comments section below! If you feel there is something I didn’t cover in this review or if you have any type of question at all, please let me know and I’ll get back to you!
Before, I mentioned that you could incorporate Crossrope’s jump ropes into your various HIIT or strength training routines. If you are looking for some great equipment to include in your circuit training, here are some of my suggestions.
- What Is The Best Power Tower? – The Stamina X with VKR
- RELIFE Rebuild Your Life – Adjustable Power Tower Review
- Portable Pull Up Station – GoBeast Anytime, Anywhere
- Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbells 552: All In One, One (Pair) For All!
- Bowflex SelectTech 840 Kettlebell – Bowflex Does It Again!
- The PowerBlock Sport 24 – Alternative To Bowflex?
- The Best Workout Resistance Bands – Bodylastics Review
- TRIBE Resistance Bands – Better Than The Best?
- The Gorilla Bow – A New Leader In Resistance Band Training?
- The BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0 – All You Need In One Place
- What Is The Best Budget Fitness Tracker? – Letscom ID115 Plus HR Review
- Daily Workout Journal – Review of NewMe Fitness’s Incredible Log Book
- The FITINDEX Bluetooth Body Fat Scale – Body Measurement Made Easy!
- The Fitbit Charge 3 Review – Is It Worth The Cost?
- Mi Band 4 Watch – How Does Xiaomi’s Latest Fitness Tracker Stack Up?
- Lintelek Fitness Tracker HR – Does It Top The List?
- The Yamay Smart Watch – More Value Than A Fitness Tracker?
- The Perfect Push Up Review – Truly Perfect?
- The Takeya Water Bottle – Your New Container Search Is Over
- A TriggerPoint Grid Foam Roller – Therapy Massager Review
- Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Pro Review – No More Crunches, Thank You!
- Sportneer Ankle Weights – Your Cardio Will Never Be The Same
- OYO Personal Gym Review – From Outer Space To Your Space
In case you are wondering how to jump start your bank account, I have found some awesome methods of doing so. Check them out below!
If you want to make some extra cash in your spare time, check out Survey Junkie.
Want to save a bunch of money at thousands of online retailers and earn free gift cards in the process? You need to download the Honey Browser Extension.
Finally, if you want to know how to create your own online business with some of the best training I’ve ever seen (which helped me build this very website!) then you owe it to yourself to check out Wealthy Affiliate!
Thanks so much for reading through this review! I hope you enjoyed it. If you did and want to stay up to date on every new post I make, please consider entering your email into the “Subscribe” Box. If you think someone else would enjoy this or any of the other articles here, please consider taking a moment to hit the share buttons!
That’s all for now! As always, God Bless and Happy Workouts!