I do a lot of research when it comes to the products on which I decide to write reviews. While home fitness of all kinds is seeing a huge upswing due to COVID-19, one of the hottest sellers has to be rowing machines for home use. I think that if you are looking for the most versatile piece of rowing equipment, you have to check out the Fitness Reality 1000 Rowing Machine!
If you are wondering why this type of exercise has become so popular, it most likely has something to do with the incredible benefits that come along with it. According to Livestrong.com, one of the reasons that rowing is so effective is because it is a full-body workout.
The more muscles used means the more calories burned. Since you are using your full body, it exponentially increases your burn, allowing you to get a better quality workout in a shorter amount of time.
This full body workout isn’t just great for your muscles either. Your heart and lungs will reap huge rewards as well, since rowing is such a great cardio workout! A good cardio program can lead to greater stamina when you are doing normal, everyday activities.
Another great benefit of using a rowing machine is that it is low-impact for your joints. For anyone who experiences trouble with their knees while going for a run, this news is manna from Heaven (I was just reading the story of Moses to my kids). You can still get a great workout and not have to endure pain to do so!
One thing that is important to keep in mind when trying to get the best results with a rowing machine is technique. There is a best way to row to give you the most effective results and really engage the full body. Check out this video from BJC Health that I think really simplifies the concept:
With that all being said, let’s get into the review!
The Overview – What And Where To Buy
Where to Buy: Amazon.com (with Free Shipping!)
Amazon Star-Rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars (with 769 reviews!)
The Specs and Features
Fitness Reality is a line of products that is an offshoot of Paradigm Health and Wellness Inc., which was founded in 2007. Since then, they have been committed to creating high quality products at a great value. Fitness Reality has a motto of “Real People. Real Results”, so no matter what your fitness level, there is something for you!
To read more of their story, feel free to check out their “About Us” page and to see their full line of products, read their blog, or check out their other resources, click the links provided above!
As for the Fitness Reality 1000 Rower, there are some great and unique features that are definitely worth checking out.
The first thing you will notice about it is that you are not just limited to using it as a rower. The multi-directional rowing bar and folding front foot pads give you the freedom to do other exercises as well including:
- Upright Rows
- Standing Shoulder Presses
- Bicep Curls
- Reverse Grip Curls
- Triceps Extensions
- Side Raises
- Bent Over Rows
- Shoulder Shrugs
Therefore, you can focus on both cardio and resistance (strength) training exercises with one machine. Speaking of resistance, the rower comes with 14 levels of magnetic resistance that can easily be adjusted by a knob on the central console.
Also, located on the console is a 3.5″ LCD screen where your various stats like total time, calories burned, total strokes, strokes per minute, and distance traveled.
Coming out of the console, the handle is extra wide at 21.5 inches, foam-padded for extra comfort, and the chord is made of durable nylon. The cushioned seat is contoured to fit your backside, large so that it guarantees a cozy fit, and moves on ball bearings for a smooth ride.
For customers concerned with whether they will be able to use the machine, it fits sizes from 4’9″ to 6’6″ and has a maximum weight capacity of 250lbs. Due to the folding foot pads, the rowing is stable as well, so you won’t experience any movement or rocking while workout out.
Another safety feature is the extra-large pivoting foot pedals that come with adjustable straps to keep you feet secure during even the most intense workouts.
Additionally, the rower can be easily moved to where you need it or stored away when you are done workout out due to the fact that it can fold up and be rolled on wheels. It weighs a total of 63.6lbs when assembled, so the wheels are a big help.
Lastly, you can download the MyCloudFitness app (Android / iOS) to sync with the rower, which will allow you to track your workouts or set 3 different goals including distance, calories burned, and time. The Fitness Reality comes with a cell-phone holder so that you can have the app open in front of you while workout out as well.
To see the Fitness Reality Rowing Machine in action, check out the video below:
From reading the features above, I think there are a lot of benefits and to owning a Fitness Reality 1000 Plus. These are my highlights:
- Multi-Function: I think one of the absolute best features of this rower is that you aren’t limited to just rowing. I love equipment you can get multiple uses out of and since this one comes with the ability to do strength exercises as well, you can’t get much better value than that!
- Controlled Intensity: Having 14 different levels of resistance means you can either start low and the machine grows with you, or you can vary your workouts day, having heavy and light days. Since it can do both cardio and strength, that is a huge deal.
- Stats You Need: Tracking you distance, strokes per minute, calories burned, time, etc. is really all you need. There are fancier rowers out there with live trainers, but they are pricey and free workouts can be found in abundance online.
- Mobility: I love that you can fold this up and roll it around to wherever you need it. Those with space issues will really appreciate its ability to be stored.
- Comfort: From the padded handle to the contoured, cushioned seat, longer bouts of exercise should not be an uncomfortable problem.
- Safety: The adjustable foot pedals make sure you won’t slip off, the foot pads on the base keep the rower from rocking while in use, and the solid frame can hold up to 250lbs of weight.
- Durable Chord: There probably wouldn’t be much worse than doing an intense workout only for your chord to fray or even snap. The nylon strap gives me peace-of-mind that I won’t have to worry about going flying on a backstroke!
- Quiet: Working out on this machine isn’t going to disturb your family or your neighbors (should you live in an apartment) as it is very quiet. This also means that if you want to listen to music or watch a show, you’ll still be able to hear it!
- Price: With the quality rowing experience and the ability to do extra strength exercises, you might expect this rower to be much more expensive than it is! It also qualifies for free shipping! Check the Amazon link at the bottom of the page for the full price!
No Fitness Reality 1000 review from Get Fit On A Budget would be complete if I didn’t take a fair look at the potential cons you could find with it! I always like to give both sides so that you can have the chance to make the most informed decision possible. No one likes to waste time or money, so getting it right on the first time is crucial. Here is my take:
- Availability: One could say that this is a good thing, but for the person looking to purchase now, it is out of stock due to the high demand from COVID-19. That’s not really ideal. I will keep my eye out so I can update the page when it comes back.
- Weight Capacity: 250lbs is great for most, but for a type of exercise that is wonderful for burning a lot of calories quickly, it’s a little disappointing the weight limit isn’t higher as it could help those who come in above the max.
- Resistance: If you are looking to be a bodybuilder, then the resistance level will probably not be enough for you, even at the highest setting. It is more for those who might want a mild to medium challenge to their muscles.
- Proper Form Is Essential: You will not get the most out of a rowing machine if you do not practice proper form. It isn’t like a stationary bike or treadmill that you can just open up and start using. Improper form isn’t just ineffective, it can also lead to injury so know going in that there is a learning curve.
To help with that learning curve, here is another video I found that can help you with potential errors:
A Review Of The Reviews
It’s one thing to take my word for it, but I always like to provide a look at how others have viewed a product. That’s why I always provide the Amazon Star Breakdown for each product that I review. Here is how it looks for the Fitness Reality 1000:
Out of 769 Total Reviews:
- 356 5-Star Reviews (68%)
- 117 4-Star Reviews (20%)
- 22 3-Star Reviews (4%)
- 19 2-Star Reviews (3%)
- 25 1-Star Reviews (4%)
The great thing about this product is that it has a lot of reviews. Having a lot of people try it and giving their opinion means that you are getting a good indicator about its quality. For the Fitness Reality, it has a whopping 88% of reviews that are 4 or 5 stars.
To me, that is showing that the vast majority of buyers are incredibly happy with their purchase! Therefore, I feel that you would be too!
The Verdict – Row Your Way To A More Fit You
A Fitness Reality 1000 Rowing Machine is definitely a smart purchase for someone looking to get more versatility from their equipment. Having the ability to get both a great and safe cardio and strength workout is clutch, as is being able to easily store the machine away whenever you aren’t using it.
Check out the picture link to get the full details on the price and availability and snatch one up before they are gone!
Now it is your turn! What do you think of Fitness Reality’s unique rowing machine? Do you like that it has the ability to do strength exercises as well as cardio, or do you think it is a gimmick? Have you used rowing machines before? Has anyone actually been rowing on water? What was your experience like?
Let me hear all about it in the comments below!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will get back to you within a day or two!
If you are looking for a rowing alternative, also check out my review for the Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine.
If you are interested in starting your own home gym, there are a ton of great, budget friendly products out there for both strength training and cardio. Check out more of my reviews:
- Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells
- Bowflex SelectTech 840 Kettlebells
- PowerBlock Sport 24 Adjustable Dumbbells
- Bodylastics Resistance Bands
- TRIBE Fitness Resistance Bands
- The Gorilla Bow
- The BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0
- Daily Workout/Nutrition Journal
- The Perfect Push Up
- TriggerPoint Grid Foam Roller
- Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Pro
- Sportneer Ankle/Wrist Weights
- Xiaomi Mi Band 4 Fitness Tracker
- ihuan Padded Weight Lifting Gloves
- The Top 8 Balance Trainers
- The OYO Personal Gym
If you are not only looking to start up a new workout routine, but also looking for ways to either make some extra cash online or even start your own business, check out my reviews of these awesome services to get you started!
Be sure to check out those links as well!
If you liked what you read today and want to stay up-to-date on all the new content that gets published here, please consider entering your email address in the “Subscribe” box at the top right of the page! You’ll never get any spam, but will be notified of whenever I publish new content (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays!).
Want to know everything that is coming up this month on the site? Feel free to check out my full posting schedule for May!
Lastly, if you think someone else could benefit from what you read here today, please consider also hitting one or more of the share buttons that have been following you down the page. It really helps out the site and I would greatly appreciate it!
That’s all for now! As always, God bless and Happy Workouts!