During this time of quarantine and social distancing, it can be extremely tough for a lot of people. Many have lost income or even their job as a whole. Maybe that describes you right now. Maybe you are looking for an alternative and asking, “How can I earn money online?”
What would you say if I told you that there was a way to earn money from the internet all while writing about what you love?
I want to take a time out from fitness-related posts to provide you some information about a great opportunity. In fact, it’s the opportunity to own your own business and build your own online presence. It’s an opportunity I took advantage of to build this site!
While it may seem an impossible thing to you right now, I want you to know that I was in the same thought space as you a couple of years ago.
My mom was going through a time of transition with her job and had done a ton of research (just like you are doing now) about different ways to earn money through the internet while she wasn’t earning a steady paycheck.
That’s when she stumbled upon Wealthy Affiliate and began her journey toward building her very own website.
At the same time, I was looking for a way to make extra money for my family. In my own research, I saw everything from taking surveys to downloading certain apps, but nothing looked like it would increase my income by all that much.
My mother then suggested Wealthy Affiliate, so I decided to check out it’s free account. It seemed like an interesting opportunity, but I didn’t really take it all that seriously. Of course then life took over and I forgot about it for a long time.
That’s when things changed at work and I was placed in a position that was incredibly difficult to transition to. The first place I came back to was Wealthy Affiliate with the determination to make something of it and begin, in earnest, my journey towards an online business.
I am big into fitness, so much that at one point I actually became a personal trainer. However, I was concerned with how much personal training costs for the client. It really began to exclude a large portion of the population.
I started to think like someone who is one a tight budget (like myself), who may not be able to get access to great physical fitness instruction. My philosophy became that fitness should be accessible to all, no matter what their economic standing. That’s when I got the idea for Get Fit On A Budget!
It’s been a little over a year now since I started and though I still have a way to go, it has been one of the best decisions I have ever made.
If you are struggling for income, out of work, or simply wanting to get out of the daily 9-5 grind, Wealthy Affiliate could be exactly what you need at exactly the right time.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing, in essence, is partnering with various companies to promote their products. If you can think of a product, chances are that it has an affiliate program you can join. If you have something you are passionate about, chances are there is an affiliate program you can join.
From there, you can promote the products via social media, through e-mail, or through your own website (which we will get into later, don’t worry, it’s not as scary as it sounds!). When someone clicks on the link you provide and purchases the product you promote, you get a commission from the sale.
It doesn’t make anything more expensive for the customer, you just get a portion of the money made from the sale!
Depending on the product or service you promote, I’ve seen commission percentages anywhere from 2-25% or even higher! There are also programs that offer a flat rate for referrals.
In fact, this is exactly how I earn money online from the comfort of my own home during quarantine!
If you also want to get an in-depth explanation from an expert, check out this video from Project Life Mastery:
What is Wealthy Affiliate? Your Business Hub
You may be saying, “Yeah, that’s all well and good, but how am I going to get started?” Well that’s where Wealthy Affiliate comes in.
From this one website you will be able to have access to all the following:
- Step-by-step training: This isn’t some automated system. You will be getting training from the founder of the website who you can search for by name and contact personally. Why is this important? I have seen so many online business opportunities that have a faceless founder whom advertisements claim has made “millions of dollars”, but never shows his/her face.
The above picture is of Kyle. He is one of the founders of Wealthy Affiliate. He is real. I have actually had correspondence with him!
- There are two main areas of training:
- The first is called Online Entrepreneur Certification where you will learn all the in’s and out’s of choosing a focus (niche) for your website, building the website, writing quality content, getting ranked in Google searches, mastering social media, and ultimately making money!
- The second is called Affiliate Bootcamp. This is for those who aren’t sure what niche they want, so they can learn how to promote Wealthy Affiliate with referrals!
- Training isn’t limited to the founder either. There are many community members who also have the opportunity to create great training of their own. Some even hold live training where you can watch along with others and ask questions at the end.
- There are two main areas of training:
- Website Building Tools: If you are unsure of how to put a website together, Wealthy Affiliate makes it incredibly intuitive. This is where you will be able to:
- Build a website from a vast array of templates that are fully customizable.
- Find, register, and manage your very own domain.
- Write and publish your content directly from Wealthy Affiliate and edit within your very own, automatically set up, WordPress hub.
- Give feedback to other members’ content and websites that in turn gives you the opportunity to request feedback on your own!
- Receive professional technical support in case you run into any problems on your website.
- Keyword Research Tools: If you are going to have success online, you are going to need to get familiar with researching keywords that will rank in Google. With Wealthy Affiliate, you gain access to:
- Track your site’s rankings.
- Use the keyword research tool, Jaxxy (and others) to find out just what kinds of keywords people are searching in Google and what kind of competition you will be up against.
- Search for lucrative affiliate programs within your chosen niche.
- Quick Help: In case you are experiencing any problems or need some advice about your online business, there are some great resources available to you:
- One of these is the Live Chat area where you have access to the entire community of entrepreneurs just like you. I have found that whenever I have a problem or just need some encouragement to keep going, the community is willing to go above and beyond to lend a hand to your success!
- The other is the help center, where you can ask any question about any topic and you will quickly receive an answer. I’ve used it many times with great results! You can also message members you’ve connected with (yes, even Kyle, the founder!)
- Virtual Community: Speaking of the community, each member has the ability to have their own blog to connect with other members. This is where you can read about success stories and challenges that will keep you motivated as well as share your own feelings!
- As a part of this virtual community, if you create a training that gains traction, you can also be paid for it!
- Great Affiliate Program With Incentive: Not only can you decide on your own niche, but if you get involved with Wealthy Affiliate’s included program, you can really start to generate a nice income for yourself that is passive and generous! See the details below!
- As an incentive, if you reach 300 referrals, you get an all expenses paid trip to Wealthy Affiliate’s annual conference in Las Vegas!
We Get That You Like It, But What Does It Cost?
Believe me, that question is one that I ask all the time whenever I am looking into something new. As I mentioned above, I don’t have an unlimited budget.
Before I began Wealthy Affiliate, I needed to know how much it was going to cost me. You should be asking the same question and you are entitled to a straight up, honest answer!
There are two tiers of membership when you join Wealthy Affiliate:
- Free Starter Membership: If you are unsure about Wealthy Affiliate and would rather just check out what it has to offer and see if it is right for you, you don’t have to spend a dime. In fact, you can fully build a website, run it, and make money without having to ever pay for a membership. It’s harder but it can be done.
- Premium Membership: If you want to go deeper, get better training, and more access to the community, then a premium membership is what you want. This is the only up-sell and it is done in two ways:
- Monthly Payment: If you want a little more flexibility and less commitment, you can go month-to-month. The cost for this is $49/month which will run you a total of $588.00 if you stay on the full year.
- Yearly Payment: If you want to just go all-in, there is a steep discount for doing a one-time payment for the full year up front. For a full year, Premium Membership it will cost you $359.00. That’s a $229.00 savings!
I personally wanted to go all-in, so I purchased a yearly membership (remember…budget-minded!) and looking at it, it’s a steal. The amount that you get versus the amount you have to pay is incredible!
Now, I also purchased my own domain name, which costs me a mere $13.99 a year! You could choose a free domain if you want!
Success Stories From Actual Users
There are so many success stories attached to Wealthy Affiliate. So many people who have answered the question of “Can you make money online?” with a resounding “YES!” Below I’m going to post two video reviews from amazing examples of how the platform works.
Not only will they allow you to see the site in action and go over it, but they can also show you the potential:
Eddy “with a y” of Work At Home No Scams Wealthy Affiliate Review:
Eddy’s Review of Wealthy Affiliate Success Stories (including his own!):
Grace aka Littlemama’s Wealthy Affiliate Review and Her Own Success Story:
That’s Nice… But What About My Results?
It’s great to see success stories from some of the top people on the website, but what about me, the average Joe? Below, I’m going to post my numbers and I want you to know something before I do. What you see may not look all that impressive. What you see won’t blow you away.
However, there is a reason for that. I haven’t been consistent. There were times this year when I was posting a random article here and there, maybe once a week.
Success in affiliate marketing and ranking in Google doesn’t work that way. Consistency and quality are key. What I am going to show you is the difference between inconsistent and consistent production. In the last month and a half, I have strived for consistency and maintained it really well. The difference in numbers will speak for itself:
Over 400 visitors a month may not seem like a lot, but going from basically 10 visitors a month in December to that many in a span of 3 months? That’s a testament to producing quality, consistent content all while being in an incredibly competitive niche!
The next chart is my performance as an Amazon Associate, which is where I decided to start my career as an affiliate marketer because it is super simple to apply and be accepted. Since February is when I started to get consistent and I’ve made more money than any time before that:
Like I said, those numbers are not going to blow you away, but my point in showing it is to tell you that if you do your homework, consistently create quality content, and follow the instructions and the training from Wealthy Affiliate, results start to come and they start to come quickly!
What Are The Cons?
If you have read any of my reviews on this site, I never just focus on the positive. My desire is not to sell you a bill of goods. That’s why I always include what I don’t like about any product and there are a couple of things you need to know before going into a Wealthy Affiliate membership:
- It Is Not A Quick Path To Riches: If you are looking to make a quick buck without much work, you won’t find it here. That’s not what Wealthy Affiliate promises and it’s not what it delivers. It will take more time and effort than many are willing to give.
- Some Training Is Outdated: There are definite portions of the training that need updating (such as the section on Google+, which doesn’t exist anymore).
- Jaxxy Isn’t A One Stop Shop: I love the research tools they provide and it does a great job for the most part, however I feel that the Jaxxy results don’t always tell the whole story. I have found great keywords and still have trouble ranking with them.
- Possible Price Issue: While I think the monthly and yearly memberships are incredibly reasonable for all that you are getting, they may still be too high for some.
What Have You Got To Lose?
Despite those few cons, if you are home right now and wondering what you can do to help your family get by, I strongly suggest you at least take a look at Wealthy Affiliate. If you have been asking, “How can I earn money online?”, you can’t find a better platform from which to do it! It’s how I made money online and you can too!
The best part about it is it can be done full-time or part-time, in your home or on the go. Because it’s an online business, it can go anywhere you can. The potential for earnings is huge if you are willing to put in the work.
What better time than now to experiment with it while we are all stuck at home? Because it is free to start, there really isn’t any harm in checking it out for yourself! You may just find that it is the key to financial success and stability in a time when it is so desperately needed!
Now, it’s your turn! What do you think of Wealthy Affiliate? What about affiliate marketing in general? What kind of website would you most want to design? Let me know your thoughts down in the comments below!
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! I have been with Wealthy Affiliate for over a year now and experienced much of what you can possible experience, both good and bad. Tomorrow is a comment day, so I will be getting back to you!
If you enjoyed this post and want to stay updated on all the content I publish, take a moment to put your email in the “Subscribe” box on the top right. It takes only a second and I promise that you will never get spam from me. You will only be notified of new posts.
Lastly, if you wouldn’t mind taking a moment to share this post with those social media buttons following you down the page. If you know someone who is looking for a way to make some income from home or is looking to leave their 9-5 schedule, please pass this along!
That’s all for now! I’ll be back next week (Monday) with my first fitness product review of April!
Until then, God bless, stay safe, and happy entrepreneurship!