I don’t often feature technology on this site as I think a huge part of personal fitness is disconnecting and getting active. However, if there is a piece of tech that will act as a tool to assist a fitness journey, I’ll take a look. In this case, the Lintelek Fitness Tracker HR is one of those tools! However, should it top the list of available fitness trackers?
I have featured two other fitness trackers in the past, both of which have some great features. You can check out my reviews of them below:
Now, you may be asking why you need a fitness tracker in the first place. To be honest, I have asked the same question. I’ve never had a problem with motivation or actually getting my workouts in. So is there a need?
Well, let’s investigate that for a second. WebMD has a great little article on how using gadgets, like a fitness tracker, may enhance your overall results when starting a fitness journey.
To summarize it though, fitness trackers count your every movement via their heart rate monitors and certain pre-programmed activities. I for one know how depressing it can be when either working out on a treadmill or stationary bike, pedaling your heart out for 30 minutes, only to see you burned 200 calories.
Since fitness trackers count everything, you can take a more “big picture” approach to fitness. Not only will it count your workouts, but your everyday activities too, such as your steps around the office, washing dishes, playing with your kids, etc. This can create a more positive experience to fitness.
Using a fitness tracker also helps you with progression. Because your information is usually synced to a phone health app, you can track your progress for days, months, or even years. It makes it easier than ever to see how well you are doing or where you might be able to improve because of this real-time feedback.
Lastly, because of this phone syncing, it is easier to connect to communities of people just like yourself. One of the biggest indicators, for those who aren’t completely intrinsically motivated, of fitness success is how much support you have in your journey.
I talk a lot about the importance of having support a support system in a previous article, which you can read by CLICKING HERE.
Now that I’ve taken a look at some reasons to get yourself a fitness tracker, it’s time to see whether Lintelek is producing one that is worth making your own!
The Overview – What, How Much, And Where To Buy
Where to Buy: Amazon.com (with FREE SHIPPING on most versions!)
Amazon Star-Rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars (with 666 reviews…can’t we get one more?)
The Specs and Features
Lintelek is a company that specializes in making fitness trackers. In fact, if you visit their Amazon Seller page, that’s pretty much all you will find (along with accessories and a few sets of resistance bands). If you visit the official Lintelek website, you will find a pretty comprehensive FAQ about their products, as well as a Warranty Registration page.
Looking at a Lintelek fitness tracker, you will find many of the features that you would hope any tracking device would have.
The first and most important, is that it has the ability to monitor your heart rate dynamically, whether you are participating in an activity or sleeping. After a workout, you will be able to check out a graph in the Very Fit Pro app (Download via Android / iOS) to see how intensely you were working and at what point.
With monitoring your sleep, the device will track duration and quality automatically. It does this by monitoring your light, deep, and wake cycles based on your heart rate.
Like I stated before when summarizing the WebMD article, the Lintelek has the ability to track any and every activity you take part in during the day. However, if you want to get more specific, it has 14 different pre-programmed activities to choose from.
These include Pedestrianism, Walking, Mountaineering, Badminton, Football, Running, Treadmill, Fitness (such as HIIT activities or weight lifting), Tennis, Basketball, Bicycle, Yoga, Dynamic Cycling, and Dancing. Additionally, the Lintelek acts as a pedometer, measures distance traveled, and tracks the amount of calories burned.
Since you can connect the device to the GPS on your phone, any of the outdoor distance activities will be tracked thoroughly and accurately to give you the best tracking results.
Syncing it with your phone will allow you to receive all the important notifications you might need including phone calls, text messaged, calendar alters, emails, wake-up alarms, and social media notices. Additionally, the Lintelek will make sure you are staying active by giving you reminders to move after periods of inactivity.
It is Bluetooth 4.0 and is compatible with iOS 7.1 and Android 4.4 or above.
It features a 0.96 inch OLED screen that is easy to see and use with one-button control and is able to be charged using any type of USB charger you may have. Charging time is a quick 1-2 hours which will last you anywhere from 5-10 whole days before needing another charge. See the video below for how to charge your device:
One cool feature that the Lintelek offers is you can remotely control your camera’s phone from the device as long as you are within the 32.8 foot range.
Right now, they are offering 5 individual colors including Blue, Pink, Purple, Red, and Black. Right now, Lintelek is also offering combo packs in which you will get two bands to change out. These combinations include Black and Blue, Purple and Black, and Red and Black.
Lastly it is designated as IP67 water resistant. While there are some out there that might know what this means, for those (like me) who need an interpretation, that means you can wear it while you sweat, while washing your hands, or in the rain. However, it is not meant for wearing in a pool or the shower.
When I look at that list of features, these Lintelek bands impress me in some important ways. Here are my highlights:
- Any And Every Activity: No matter what land-based activity you enjoy doing, this tracker can cover it. From walking and running to cycling and weight lifting, it can be tracked.
- Quick And Long Charge: Having the ability to get a full charge in just an hour and having that last 5-10 days depending on your activity level is really nice.
- Easy To Use: With one button, you can cycle through all your stats and activities. Syncing to your phone and the Very Fit Pro app also makes tracking your progress extremely convenient.
- Heart Rate And Sleep Tracking: With dynamic heart rate tracking and the ability to see sleep cycles, you can both train better and form more helpful habits when it comes to bedtime.
- Alerts: No matter what kind of alert you can get on your phone, you can get all from your wrist. That means you don’t always have to have you phone on your person to receive an important phone call or text while at the gym or out for a run.
- Water-Resistant: It’s good to know that if you get caught outside in the rain while workout out, your device and subsequently you, won’t get fried.
- Customer Support: By visiting Lintelek’s website, you can easy send them an email and register your product for a warranty of up to 18 months!
- Camera Control: No more setting a timer and running into position. With a touch of a button on your wrist, you can get exactly the shot you are looking for.
- Price: Let’s put it this way, it is currently on sale and still comes with free shipping. You won’t find many other fitness trackers with so many features for this low of a price.
- Colors: Aesthetically, you should be able to find something that matches your style with 5 different color options. Replacement band packages are also available on Amazon.
Please check out this video review I found online for a further look at it in action!
No Lintelek Fitness Tracker review on this website would be complete without a cons section. It’s important to me to give you the full story on any product that I review so that you can make a fully informed decision. This is especially true in times when money might be tight and you want to make the right decision the first time.
That being said, here are the main sticking points for me:
- Unnecessary Activities: While most of the activities provided are useful, do any of you honestly think that you will be wearing this on your wrist while playing football?
- Sleep Monitoring: As is the case with all technology in the bedroom, fitness trackers have the potential to actually disrupt your sleep patterns (sleep.org). Placing your phone on Do Not Disturb would be essential to getting a good night’s sleep.
- Not Waterproof: While it is water resistant, if you are looking to go swimming, this is not the fitness tracker for you. Since it can’t be used in the shower, I’m also assuming that it needs protection if you get caught in a downpour too.
- What Sets It Apart?: While this may be a good tracker for you, I am finding it a little difficult to see what sets it apart as special from other comparable ones. In fact, I just checked and right now the Xiaomi Mi Band 4, the best budget tracker I’ve seen so far, is running a huge sale (over 50% off!), so even Lintelek’s price doesn’t set it apart by much.
A Review Of The Reviews
You have now seen the fruit of my research, but in case you don’t want to just take my word for it (I’d call you a smart consumer for that!), I am now going to show you what other customers like you are saying about it. Here is the Amazon Star Rating Breakdown!
Out of 666 (One MORE!)Total Reviews:
- 375 5-Star Reviews (69%)
- 50 4-Star Reviews (12%)
- 22 3-Star Reviews (6%)
- 19 2-Star Reviews (4%)
- 44 1-Star Reviews (10%)
I think it is important to note that 81% of the reviews are either 4 or 5 stars, which means that people are generally having good to great experiences with the Lintelek fitness tracker!
The Verdict – Very Good, But There Is Better
The Lintelek Fitness Tracker HR has most of the features you could want in a budget-friendly fitness tracker. While it is unfortunate that it is not waterproof (Look to the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 for that), if you aren’t someone who wants a fitness tracker on while swimming, then this is a great option!
If you are ready to purchase today (as it is on sale), then please feel free to follow the Amazon picture link below which will take you to the exact page where you can pick your favorite color and order!
Now, it’s your turn! What do you think of Lintelek’s fitness tracker? How much of a concern is it for you that it is not completely waterproof? What do you like about it? What do you dislike? Is there anything you feel I didn’t answer in the review? Let me know all your thoughts and questions below!
If you think there is a better tracker out there and recommend I take a look, please let me know that as well. I’m always on the lookout for great products to highlight!
If you enjoyed this review and want to know when I post new content, take a second to enter your email in the subscribe box. You’ll never get spam from me, just a notification of any new articles.
Lastly, please take an additional second to click one or more of the share buttons following you down the screen if you feel someone else could benefit from this post or website as a whole!
That’s all for now! Thanks so much for reading, God bless, and Happy Tracking!