If you are like many people out there, you are probably tired of performing endless sit-ups and crunches in your quest for a six-pack. Well, I’m here to tell you that it is time to put those aside and give your core the workout it needs with the right tool for the job. This is the Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Pro review you need to read!
For years, I thought the only way to train abs was the aforementioned sit-ups and crunches. However, so much research has been done about how they are only partially effective and can actually be bad for your back!
Then I learned about doing various kinds of planks which, while extremely effective at giving you a stable core, got a little monotonous.
That’s when I began my search for a tool that could help those like me who don’t want damaged disks in their backs and need the next step after planks.
There are several fitness equipment companies I have used before and really trust, so my first step was to check them out. That’s when I found the Ab Carver Pro from Perfect Fitness. I am already a huge fan of their Perfect Pushup (which I have used for years), so I was intrigued to find that they make a tool for working your abs.
As is usual with the products made by Perfect Fitness, this is not a one-trick-pony, so keep reading to find out how it works and all the benefits you can reap!
The Overview – What, How Much, And Where To Buy
Where to Buy: Amazon.com (Now 10% off and still ships FREE!)
Amazon Star-Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars (with 4,945 reviews)
Specs and Features – What You Can Expect
The Perfect Fitness company began with the release of the Perfect Pushup in 2006. It’s founder’s name is Alden Mills, a former Navy Seal of seven years. He was chosen to do a study as to why Navy Seals suffered injuries at a much higher rate (I’m assuming injuries other than those sustained in firefights).
What he found was that many injuries happened because training methods had not been updated. Therefore, he decided to create a method of training that would reduce that injury risk, but still get the desired results. .
The company’s desire is to create fitness equipment that focuses on natural, functional training movements and isn’t expensive or bulky. They like to think that they cater to everyone, from the beginner to the elite athlete.
You can check out their full story, as well as other products they offer at the Perfect Fitness website.
As for the Ab Carver Pro itself, there are some nice features that make it one of the top ab rollers on the market.
First off, while crunches and sit-ups target only the front wall of your abdominal muscles and miss the deep core muscles, the ab roller is designed to be almost a moving plank. That means that you are able to hit all the core muscles: front, back, and obliques.
Unlike most ab rollers, the actual wheel portion of the Ab Carver Pro is extra wide. This provides more stability, whether you are performing a straight roll out or going in multiple directions.
The padded handles are designed in a way that helps to activate not only your core muscles as you perform the movement, but your arms, chest, and back muscles as well. While the total footprint of the Ab Carver Pro isn’t all that big, these handles can also be removed to make storage and travel that much easier.
What really separates it out from other rollers is the carbon steel spring inside the wheel base. Most rollers are simply a wheel with handles attached to the side.
However, the coiling and uncoiling of the Ab Carver Pro’s spring adds resistance as you roll out and assistance as you roll back, making the whole movement challenging, yet safe for your core, arms, and back.
It can also be used on carpet or hard floor surfaces, and to make it easier on the knees, this version comes with high density foam knee pads.
Check out this sample workout from Perfect Fitness to see it in action:
Additionally, each roller comes with the ability to download a 21-day workout plan and a 1-year manufacturers warranty for peace of mind.
- Resist and Assist: I am really impressed that it has the added feature of the carbon steel spring inside the wheel. Providing extra challenge as well as support means that the product is focused on giving you the best of both worlds: Effective and safe!
- Safety In Stability: The beautiful thing about having such a wide wheel base is that you can work all the muscles you need to while maintaining controlled and proper form. Many times, fitness injuries occur when control and proper form are not present.
- No One-Trick-Pony: From the steel spring in the wheel to the way the handles are designed, this is not a tool that simply targets your abdominal muscles. The movement targets your deep core muscles, arms, back, and even your glutes, hamstrings, and hip flexors to a certain degree. More muscles used means more calories burned!
- On the topic of using more muscles, having a strong core leads to more stability. This, in turn, can give you better posture and alleviate the many pains we get in our backs because of a weak core.
- Day 1 Direction: Just like with their Perfect Pushup, The Ab Carver Pro comes with a downloadable, 21-day workout program to help you get on your way to a stronger core. No guesswork involved as it is clearly shows you what to do and for how many reps! They also provide a page of sample workouts on their website!
- Peace-of-Mind: Including a 1-year manufacturers warranty is a really nice addition that tells me the company is very concerned with the customer’s experience and giving them the best product they can.
- Price: For a tool that works multiple muscle groups effectively and safely, the price you have to pay is small in comparison to the results you can get. If you act today, you can also receive an extra 10% off and still get free shipping!
There is honestly not all that much that I can say in the negative about the Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Pro. However, I do like to always give both sides of the story, even if it could be considered nit-picking.
- May Get Monotonous: While you will definitely be getting a great workout, doing it over and over again may become a little on the boring side. That’s why I think it would be better to incorporate it into a larger workout program that features other types of exercises as well.
- Improper Form Can Lead To Injury: Like many exercises, you need to exhibit proper form! You need to take some time to learn how to use an ab roller before jumping in. Thankfully, there is a lot of information about this online and here is a video that really explains it well. Please take the time to watch it to the end as it will really help!
A Review Of The Reviews
It’s one thing to take my word for it, but I always like to provide a look at how others have viewed a product. Therefore, here is the Amazon star breakdown for the Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Pro:
Out of 4,945 Total Reviews:
- 2,953 5-Star Reviews (72%)
- 778 4-Star Reviews (17%)
- 251 3-Star Reviews (4%)
- 110 2-Star Reviews (2%)
- 186 1-Star Reviews (4%)
I like to review products that have a lot of reviews because I think it gives a better cross-section overall of the consensus. For the Ab Carver Pro, it is overwhelmingly positive (89% of reviews are 4 or 5 stars!), giving me confidence that this is a worthwhile purchase.
The Verdict – Roll Out!
I hope that in your search for a Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Pro review, you have enjoyed your stop here and it has made your purchasing decision clearer. It comes from a top-quality company that I have had great experience with before.
Additionally, I think its focus on both effectiveness and safety make it a worthwhile addition to your budget-made home gym!
Now it’s your turn! What do you think of the Ab Carver Pro? Have you used ab rollers before? What was your experience with them like? Positive or negative, I want to hear your thoughts!
Also, what is your go-to exercise for your core and does it involve some piece of equipment you would like me to take a look at in a future review? Let me know!
As always, please feel free to leave your comments and questions down below and I will do my very best to get back to you within a day! If you feel that you were helped by this post, please hit one or more of those share buttons on the page and spread the word so I can continue to write quality articles like this one! I appreciate your support!
For now though, God bless and happy workouts!