It happened and sooner than I thought! In my monthly post preview for June, I mentioned that if I missed an article, it was likely due to my son being born. Well Joshua is here now and everyone is doing great! That said, it’s time to get back on track, regardless of the sleep deprivation, and talk to you about the Honey coupon extension!
This is part of my “Make Money” series that I have started in light of the hard economic times that have hit the world because of the pandemic. If you want to check out some of the ways I have discovered, either check out the “Make Money Online” page or simply click on any of the posts I will list below.
Some are for making extra cash in your spare time, while others can help you start your own personal training or online business! Check them out if you have the time!
- Make Extra Cash With Survey Junkie
- Turn Your Passion For Fitness Into A Career (Now With A HUGE Sale Going On!)
- Start Your Own Online Business With Wealthy Affiliate
Now, to the Honey browser extension. Shopping online has become the thing to do during the COVID-19 pandemic because so many stores have either had to close or move to curbside service. One thing that hasn’t changed though, is the desire to save money.
In fact, being able to save on purchases is more important than ever with so many people struggling with job and money concerns. That is where Honey comes in very handy on multiple levels, which we are gong to get into in just a moment.
Therefore, if you are looking for a way to make saving money and earning rewards easier than ever, keep reading because you aren’t going to want to miss this one!
What Is The Honey Extension? Your Ticket To Savings!
If you have ever done any shopping online, chances are you have also looked for coupons that you could use to help you save money. Some stores will email you coupons as you sign up for their newsletter.
For instance, during my wife’s last pregnancy, we needed a few extra baby items that we didn’t have so we used a coupon emailed to us from Buy Buy Baby.
Other times, I have visited coupon websites like retailmenot.com that compiles a list of deals you can take advantage of or coupon codes that you can try to manually enter at checkout. If you have used this service before, you probably noticed a couple of things.
The first is that you waste a lot of time scrolling through the different offers, seeing ones that don’t apply to the product you are looking to purchase. The second is that not all the coupon codes are legitimate and therefore don’t work. When you try to enter them in only for them not to work, it is even more of a waste of time!
The Honey browser extension was designed to eliminate this by making the process completely stress free, automatic, and with absolutely no catch. I say no catch, because it is completely free to join! You will be able to save money, get rewards, and never have to pay a dime!
How is that possible? Well, Honey works with a ton of companies like Amazon, Target, Macy’s, etc. If you can find a place to shop online, then the chances are high that you will be able to use Honey to save money with them as they work with over 40,000 sites!
When you do save money using their browser extension, Honey receives a commission from whatever store you are buying from. Since you both have stake in the game, it creates a lot of incentive for Honey to save you money!
So how does it work? The first thing you need to do is download their free browser extension. Once you do, Honey’s logo will pop up next to your search bar on whatever browser you use (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.) as seen below:
As you visit different websites, you will see numbers pop up in that little box. Those numbers tell you how many coupons or deals Honey found for that specific website, which you can view by simply clicking the logo box:
The cool thing is, that you can shop as you normally would and the Honey Savings Finder will automatically pop up at checkout and ask you if you want to scan your cart for available deals or coupons. It will then automatically apply the one that gives you the best deal on your purchase, saving you time and money!
Check out the video below to get a quick overview!
Is It A One-Trick-Pony? What Else Can It Do?
The answer to the above question is a resounding “No!”. While the Savings Finder is their most notable and used tool, Honey also offers a few other great features!
- Price History: With a few simple clicks, you can track any price changes on any product over a span of 30, 60, or 120 days! This allows you to see any trends that develop, helping you to decide whether now is the time to buy, or if you should wait until the next drop!
- Droplist: If you are not someone who likes looking at graphs and trends, you are also given the ability to add any product to your “Droplist”. Honey will then automatically track it for a time you set and notify you of any price changes! That allows you to swoop in and snatch it up as soon as a great deal becomes available.
- You are able to track for 30, 60, 90, or 120 days and at can choose to be notified of price changes from 5%-95% off.
- Amazon Best Price: For those of you who do a lot of shopping on Amazon, you already know that there can be multiple sellers for one product. Honey does the research for you and automatically tells you which seller is giving you the best deal!
- Mobile App: Honey also provides a mobile app that you can download, shop, and checkout all in one place!
Are There Any Rewards For Using Honey?
Other than potentially saving you a bunch of money, one of the coolest things about Honey has to be the rewards. When you make a qualified purchase, you can be rewarded with what is called Honey Gold. These are basically their version of rewards points that you can build up over time.
Sometimes you are rewarded with a certain amount of gold, while other times you get a certain percentage of gold back on your purchases (up to 20%!).
Once you reach 1,000 points in gold, you can redeem your gold for gift cards. Every 1,000 in gold translates to a free $10.00 gift card to many stores including big ones like Amazon, Walmart, EBay, Target, Groupon, Macy’s, and Best Buy! What’s nice about this is that it wraps up a bunch of rewards programs into one space.
If you are looking for ways to boost your gold even quicker (without spending a bunch of money online), Honey also offers a referral program!
When you open up a new account, you will get your own unique referral code. You can either send it out via email, embed it into your social media posts, or put it up on your website (like I’m doing here). Whenever someone signs up through your link and they make a qualifying purchase, Honey will reward both of you with up to 500 gold!
One person gets you halfway to a free gift card!
There are so many things I like about Honey, it’s difficult to know where to start. However, here are the biggest positives I take away from using it.
- Thousands Of Stores: Like I said above, chances are if you can shop there, Honey can save you money. You are not limited to a few stores that no one has ever heard of. Major stores like Amazon, Walmart, and Target are all available!
- Risk Free: Honey doesn’t make money by selling your data, only by commissions from your purchases (which doesn’t change your price) and the browser extension is completely free. You can only save or even make money by using Honey!
- Awesome Rewards: Qualifying purchases can quickly start to add up your stockpile of Honey Gold, which makes you eligible for free gift cards to many of your favorite stores!
- Awesome Referral Program: Getting others to sign up through you can speed up the earning process even quicker! It’s as easy as providing a link!
- No Wasted Time: This is the literal definition of “set it and forget it” as once you download the extension, Honey will automatically compile all the deals and coupons for your the site you are purchasing from! One click and it will automatically test out all available coupons and save you money!
- Product Tracking: Either manually to see price trends or automatically to alert you of price changes, you will be sure to get the best price at the best time when you use Honey.
- Free: Did I mention that this doesn’t cost you a thing yet? I did? Well, it is worth stating again!
As a note, the reason I am writing this review in such a positive way is not because I’m just trying to get you to sign up for referrals so I can earn Honey Gold. If you sign up through my link, that’s great! Don’t let me stop you!
The reason I am writing this review is because, as someone who owns a budget-minded fitness website, I think it is important to present ways to save you money on many of the fitness products you’d be buying! It’s also because I have had such a great experience with the product that I want to make sure you know about it!
If you don’t believe me, let me put it this way. My website has a lot of product reviews on it. Each of those reviews is completely unbiased, as I hope you have seen. In those reviews, I provide links to products that I believe will help you in your fitness journey.
Do I hope that you purchase through these links? Of course! It helps the site, it helps me earn a commission, and therefore helps my family.
However, if all I wanted was your money, I wouldn’t be writing a review on Honey. Why? Because if you purchase something on Amazon or any other site through my links and use Honey to make that product less expensive for you, I earn less commission!
And yet, I want to tell you about it because this website isn’t all about the money. It is, and always has been, about helping people get fit no matter if their budget is big or small!
With that said about my reviews being unbiased, let’s get to the cons about Honey.
While there are a ton of positives with Honey, I want to highlight a couple of things that I think you should be aware of.
- Not Everything Counts: While I have made purchases, saved money, and earned Honey Gold, not every purchase will be affected by the coupons and deals they apply. Sometimes you could have 10 codes automatically applied, and your purchase isn’t affected by them. You don’t earn gold just for trying.
- Won’t Replace Your Day Job: If you are looking to make some serious money, then this isn’t the program for you. You will not get rich with Honey. It’s a great rewards program and can save you tons, but it isn’t a job, no matter how many referrals you make.
The Verdict – Sugar… Oh Honey, Honey
Hopefully you remember that song, but seriously, the Honey coupon extension is an incredible way to save money and earn some free gift cards! Is Honey legit? I would say absolutely! You won’t get rich, but that’s not the point. If you are going to shop online, and who isn’t because of stores being closed, then you are going to want to download Honey!
If that’s true, click on this link to join Honey and start saving money today!
Now, it’s your turn! Have you downloaded the Honey browser extension already? If so what are your thoughts? If you haven’t, what is holding you back? What has been your experience with other coupon sites? Was it similar to mine or completely different? I’d interested to hear and discuss your thoughts!
I also welcome any questions you may have!
If you download Honey and want to start saving money on your fitness journey, below are some great equipment options for you to browse that are currently trending below their higher price points. Each link leads to one of my full reviews!
- Sunny Health And Fitness Treadmill – Pushing Runs To The Next Level
- Fitness Reality 1000 Rowing Machine – No One-Trick-Pony!
- What’s The Best Balance Trainer? – The Top 8 Options On Amazon
- Mi Band 4 Watch – How Does Xiaomi’s Latest Fitness Tracker Stack Up?
- Exerpeutic Inversion Tables – The 975SL Says Goodbye To Back Pain!
There are a bunch more reviews for you to discover, so head on over to my “Product Review” Tab in the menu to check them out!
That’s all for now! Check out the articles and check out Honey!
If you like what you read and want to stay up to date on all that goes on here, take a moment to enter your email address in the “Subscribe” box at the top of the page. If you want to let the world know how to best save money while shopping online, hit those share buttons! I’d really appreciate the support!
That’s all for now! As always, God Bless and Happy Savings!