As many of you know, I recently found my new protein powder in Orgain Protein Plus Superfoods! Well, I was extremely happy with the results, not only in taste, but texture and health benefits as well. Then I recently went on vacation and stumbled on PB Fit. What is PBfit you ask? Well, you are in the right place because you are going to find out!
Before I get into it though, you may be wondering why, if I was so happy with the protein powder, would I want to add something else to it. Here is the thing. As it stands, I like to stretch my money out the most I can (hence the budget-friendly fitness website!). I had been using half a serving of Orgain with 12 ounces of milk for a total of 24 grams of protein.
While this is good, I wanted to see if I could add some more to that number. That’s why I picked up PB Fit! Not only is it giving a great protein boost to my already protein-rich shake and my ability to build muscle, but it’s also adding some awesome flavor (We’ll get more into this later)!
What you may have noticed about my protein supplements is that they are plant based. Now, I am not a vegan by any stretch of the imagination, as I put these plant based supplements into a tall glass of cow’s milk. However, I do like the idea of putting a mix of plant and animal sources into my diet, trending more towards plants.
According to Mind Body Green, there are several benefits to choosing plant-based proteins including better overall health (as more plant-based diets have shown beneficial in reducing the risk of disease) and using plant-based sources is more sustainable than animal sources (as it takes a lot less to grow a plant than it does an animal!).
Additionally, using a combination of plant-based protein sources does, contrary to some belief, give you a complete source of protein with all 9 essential amino acids!
Therefore, if you are ready to find out all about this great protein shake booster, keep on reading! If you want to know more about peanut butter powder, check out the video below:
The Overview – What And Where To Buy
Where to Buy: Amazon.com (Free Shipping on orders over $25.00)
Amazon Star-Rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars (with 4,114 ratings!)
The Specs and Features
PBfit is actually part of Better Body Foods, which has been around since 2007. Better Body Foods has a goal to help families have better food choices available. The reason behind this is their founder, Stephen Richards, experienced diabetes on both sides of his family growing up.
Not wanting to continue the trend, he decided to do something about it and that resulted in Better Body Foods and eventually PBfit!
The company’s passion isn’t limited to making healthier food choices. They also love to give back. Specifically, they have a heart for the Dominican Republic, working with the Community of Hope International to give support to a medical facility there and ensure that everyone has access to affordable healthcare.
To learn more about Better Body Foods, click the link above to be taken to their website.
As for the PBfit powder itself, they have taken out what isn’t essential and left all the good stuff through a very simple process.
First, they give the peanuts a gentle roast before pressing them to remove most of the fat (and thus the calories). Then the pressed peanuts are ground into a fine powder before being mixed with a little coconut palm sugar and salt. The result is a powder that has 87% less fat than regular peanut butter and has about 1/3rd the calories per serving!
The powder is all-natural, vegan, low carb, low fat, and gluten free as well. It’s also Non-GMO project verified for those who are looking to eliminate GMO’s from their diet.
In the 30oz container, there are 42 servings, each of 2 Tablespoons, which provide the following nutrition facts based on a 2,000 calorie diet:
- Calories: 70
- Total Fat: 2g (3% DV)
- Saturated Fat: 0g (0% DV)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV)
- Sodium: 150mg (7% DV)
- Total Carbohydrates: 5g (2% DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (10% DV)
- Total Sugars: 2g
- 2g added sugars
- Protein: 8g
In addition to smoothies and shakes, it can be used for baking and cooking as well. If you want to just make straight up peanut butter, you only need to add water. If you want to learn more about PBfit and see there full line of products, CLICK HERE to be taken to their homepage. To take a look at a few recipes you can make using PBfit see the videos below:
Peanut Butter Pancakes:
Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie:
Having used PBfit for a little while now, there is a lot that I like. As a special note, I solely use it as a mix in for my protein shake. I have not used it in baking, cooking, or making peanut butter, so I can’t comment on how it does with those. However, here are some of my main highlights as a shake mix-in:
- Protein Booster: As I said before, my shake was getting me 24 grams of protein before I started using PBfit. However, adding just one serving gives me an extra 8 grams, bringing my total to 32! That is a huge difference and really gets me over the hump as far as my daily protein needs are concerned when building muscle.
- Taste: From the moment I twist open the cap, I get a strong scent of peanut butter. What’s more is that when I add it to my chocolate protein powder, I’m getting one of the best flavor combinations on the planet!
- Texture: I have found that PBfit mixes really smoothly and any lumps are easily broken up with the back of a spoon and then they blend in perfectly. The last thing I want is a chunky shake. That is just off-putting to me, so I’m glad to not experience this.
- Low-Calorie: I usually drink my protein shake at night, before bed. I’m not really looking for something that is particularly heavy or high calorie at that point. I just want mostly protein. That’s what I get with PBfit.
- Low-Fat: Along the same lines, I don’t want something extremely fatty. According to WebMD, eating fatty foods before bedtime can actually disrupt your sleep! Thankfully, PBfit is extremely low-fat!
- Fiber Booster: With 3 grams of fiber per serving, it, in combination with the 3 grams of fiber in my protein powder (half a serving) gives me an awesome total of 6 grams! For a look at why fiber is so important to a healthy diet, check out this article from the Mayo Clinic!
- Servings: In one 30oz container, you get 53, two tablespoon servings. That means that even if you use it once a day in a protein shake (like I do) you are good for nearly two months! That really helps to save money!
- Price: Speaking of saving money, only having to spend a little over twelve bucks for something you can use for almost two months is a great deal.
I always like to give both sides of the story in every one of my reviews. I am going to be honest, there wasn’t a lot of downsides to PBfit. The following cons may be considered nit-picking:
- Added Sugar: While not a lot at 2 grams, PBfit does contain a small amount of added sugar in the form of coconut palm sugar. If you don’t use any products that add sugar, you might need to look elsewhere.
- Allergy: Obviously, for those with a peanut allergy, PBfit is a no go for you.
- No Free Shipping: Unless you are purchasing something along with your PBfit that gets you over the $25 threshold (or if you are a Prime Member), you will have to pay the shipping fee.
A Review Of The Reviews
Here comes the part where I give you the chance to take a look at what other people are saying about the product. I always like to do this because as a consumer, I don’t just take one person’s word for it. I look for the consensus because I think it is just smart and makes my research better. Therefore, here is the Amazon Star-Rating Breakdown for PBfit!
Out of 4,114 Total Reviews:
- 2,082 5-Star Reviews (86%)
- 165 4-Star Reviews (8%)
- 66 3-Star Reviews (3%)
- 36 2-Star Reviews (1%)
- 61 1-Star Reviews (2%)
It looks like the consumer critics are with me on this one as 94% have chosen to give PBfit a 4 or 5 star endorsement! After using it myself, I can definitely see why. If you are someone who likes the taste and health benefits of peanut butter, but doesn’t want the negatives, it looks like PBfit is a great choice!
The Verdict – Give Yourself A Boost!
What is PBfit? In my opinion (and clearly the opinion of others) it is a great, low calorie and fat, but high protein peanut butter alternative. For me personally, it gives a great boost in flavor and nutritionally to my protein shakes. I think it can absolutely do the same for you!
If you are ready to take the plunge and purchase yourself some PBfit, simply click the picture link in the “Overview” section above or the official Amazon picture link below to be taken to the sales page!
Now, it’s your turn! What do you think of PBfit? Have you ever used it before? If so, what was your experience like and how did you use it? Is there another peanut butter powder that you like to use that you think I should give a try? What kind of boosts do you add to your protein shakes? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask as well and I will get back to you!
If your are interested in more nutritional information, check out some of the following articles and reviews!
- Recipe Of The Week – Banana And Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- Recipe of the Week – Banana Carrot Pancakes
- Recipe Of The Week – Easy Beef And Bean Burritos
- Recipe Of The Week: Panko Chicken With Wilted Greens and Fried Eggs
- Recipe Of The Week: Grilled Ribeye Steak and Cheese Sandwich
- Recipe of the Week – Part 6: My Ultimate Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl
- Recipe of the Week – Part 7: Capellini Pomodoro
- What is the OMAD Diet?
- What is the Carnivore Diet?
- What is a Juice Diet?
- Does Intermittent Fasting Help Weight Loss? My Personal Results!
- The Takeya Water Bottle – Your New Container Search Is Over
- Bob’s Red Mill Old Country Style Muesli Cereal – Power Your Morning!
- What Is The Best Vegan Protein Powder? GoL Raw Meal Review
- Orgain Organic Protein Powder And Superfoods – I’m Switching!
- Oregano’s Health Benefits – It’s Not Just A Pizza Topping
- Basil’s Health Benefits – What Italy’s Primo Herb Can Do For You
- Parsley’s Health Benefits – Not Just A Garnish!
- Rosemary’s Health Benefits – Packing A Flavor And Nutritional Punch?
- The Artichoke’s Health Benefits – Who Knew Thistles Were So Tasty?
- The Apricot’s Health Benefits – Why Haven’t I Been Eating These?
- Arugula’s Health Benefits – Nutritious And Delicious?
- How Healthy Is An Apple? Do You Really Need One A Day
- What To Eat For Health – Part 1: At Chipotle
- What to Eat For Health – Part 2: At Arby’s
- What to Eat For Health – Part 3: At McDonald’s
- What to Eat For Health – Part 4: At Chick-Fil-A
- What to Eat For Health – Part 5: At Burger King
- What to Eat For Health – Part 6: At Panera Bread
Additionally, if you are looking to not only give a boost to your nutrition, but also to your bank account, check out the following resources!
If you are looking to make a little extra cash in your spare time, take a look at Survey Junkie.
Should you have a passion for fitness, consider getting your Personal Trainer certification completely online with ACE Fitness.
If you want to leave the general 9-5 grind and want to start your own online business, there is no better place to start than Wealthy Affiliate, featuring the best training anywhere for doing just that!
Want the best deals on millions of products at thousands of websites, all while earning free gift cards? Check out the free Honey Browser Extension!
That’s all for now! If you enjoyed what you read today, please consider entering your email in the “Subscribe” box to be alerted whenever I post new content. Also, feel free to hit those share buttons!\
As a quick word, I am going on vacation this next week. While I will still be checking for comments, I won’t be posting any new content until July 6th!
As always, God Bless and Happy Workouts!